Docker is the world’s leading software container platform, used mostly for DevOps. Docker is also useful for developers to setup a development environment in few easy steps.
OSCAR EMR (1) is an open-source Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for the Canadian family physicians. The OSCAR EMR team has recently moved its repository from Gerrit to bitbucket making it readily accessible to everyone. The official OSCAR repository is now available here: https://bitbucket.org/oscaremr/
OSCAR is a spring java application deployed in a tomcat container with MySQL database backend. I have created a simple docker-compose script to set up Oscar for developers. The script checks out the master branch from OSCAR repo, compile with maven, create Docker containers and deploy them. This is for OSCAR developers. If you want just to use OSCAR try this.
- USE THE LATEST DATABASE DUMP. You may have to add all update SQL too.
How to Use this script
- Clone this repo:
- Add database dump (Oscar15ON.sql) to dbdump folder.
- Access Tomcat at http://localhost:8091/ (oscar/oscar) and start oscar_mcmaster service.
- Access oscar at http://localhost:8091/oscar_mcmaster/
- You can setup your development environment such as IntelliJ to auto-deploy into the container.
Please comment below, if you find this useful.
Latest posts by Bell Eapen (see all)
- Hephestus: Health data warehousing tool for public health and clinical research - November 3, 2018
- Natural language processing (NLP) tools for health analytics - October 5, 2018
- DHIS2 and longitudinal health records: Connecting systems to get the best of both worlds! - September 18, 2018